This section is about how technology can improve access to reading for blind and partially sighted people.
- the major ebook readers and their accessibility features
- different ways to read an ebook including large print, audio and braille.
- different audio players, some designed specifically for people with sight problems
- the DAISY format, developed to make audio books more accessible.
- adaptive hardware or software which can make equipment accessible to someone with a sight problem
- adding speech, magnification or a braille display to a computer.
- specialist equipment that has been designed for use by blind and partially sighted people, such as video magnifiers, braille
- notetakers and braille embossers.