Calibre audio library
Calibre Audio Library brings the pleasure of reading to people with sight problems, dyslexia or disabilities that prevent them reading print through a subscription-free nationwide postal and internet service of audio books. We offer a choice of over 10,000 titles, fiction and non-fiction, recorded unabridged by professional actors and broadcasters.
Services for people with sight loss
For individual members Calibre offers:
- Over 10,000 unabridged audio books, fiction and non-fiction, including many titles which are not available commercially
- Over 1,700 of these titles are in the Young Calibre collection for under 16s
- Books on MP3 format CDs
- Books on USB memory stick
- Books available via internet streaming and as downloads via our app.
- There is a single administration fee of £35 (£20 for Young Calibre) to join the library
- Free postage and no fines for late or lost books.
Support for libraries
Calibre offers the following support for libraries:
- We support professionals working with print disabled people. If you would like to find out more about how we can help you and your organisation then contact Liz Clarke via e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01296 432 339.
- Support for reading groups - many of Calibre’s titles are available as sets for loan to reading groups for people with sight problems, for a modest yearly subscription. We have thousands of unabridged audio books including best sellers, classic novels, modern fiction and popular non-fiction covering a wide range of reading tastes. We can send you multiple copies of the same title so that everyone can listen to and discuss it together. To take advantage of Calibre’s book group service or to find out more information on how we can help then contact Emma Scott by phone on 01296 432 339 or send an e-mail to email@example.com or visit the website for more details.