Switch on to technology month
November is Switch on to technology month at RNIB.
Throughout November they will be promoting the products that are out there to help blind and partially sighted people, as well as running free technology taster events.
- Technology events in Wales
- Technology events in Scotland
- Technology events in Northern Ireland
- Technology events in England
Beginner’s guides to technology
- Finding the right mobile phone for you
- The benefits of getting online
- Choosing your computer
- Download audio books
The guides are available in large print, audio CD and braille by calling RNIB’s helpline on 0303 123 999.
- Getting started with accessible mobile phones and smart phones (MP3, 11MB)
- Benefitting from being online (MP3, 11MB)
- Windows or Mac: choosing the right computer (MP3, 13MB)
- eBooks and download audio books (MP3, 9MB).
Technology support squad
RNIB’s Technology Support Squad have over 600 volunteers throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who can do home visits to help blind and partially sighted people with their technology problems.