Reading Sight at EDGE 2012
We're thrilled to say we won an award at EDGE 2012 for innovation in the library sector (virtual category). The judges were:
"...really impressed by the innovation shown by this entry, which not only harnessed a range of technologies to address a very real need but did so in a way that exceeded expectations.
It is a wonderful example of collaboration and cross-sector working and a suberb demonstration of how libraries can use technology to make life better."
EDGE 2012 highlights and rewards good practice in innovative library and information projects which:
- Show or sell benefits of library and information services to other sectors, organisations and communities
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Increase participation
The purpose of the awards is to recognise positive achievements and promote outstanding library based initiatives which celebrate the value of libraries.
There will be 3 awards for innovation (The winners for each category will receive the EDGE 2012 trophy, no financial reward) which will follow the format of the conference:
- Physical – buildings, layout, targeted spaces.
- Virtual – Websites, apps, virtual library, digitisation
- Social – Work involving communities or target groups, engagement or making a difference