Project for accessible Welsh public services
Good article in the latest edition of CyMAL magazine about a cross-sector project to improve the accessibility of public services in Wales:
"To improve equality of access to culturein Wales, CyMAL division of the Welsh Government is working with museums, archives and libraries n an all-Wales crosssector project to develop an access template to help them provide information and market their accessible services to disabled people."
CyMAL helps to promote and protect the culture and heritage of Wales by supporting museums, archives and libraries:
- Provides advice and support to local museums, archives and libraries in Wales
- Supports and develop professional standards, expertise and skills
- Manages grant schemes for museums, archives and libraries, and provides advice on other sources of funding
- Develops research and baseline information across the sector
- Is the Sponsorship Division for the National Library of Wales and Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
- Advises the Minister for Housing, Regeneration and Heritage policy matters, and on the Government Indemnity Scheme and Acceptance in Lieu.
Alyson Tyler, the Libraries Development Adviser for CyMAL, maintains an informative blog: