- Guide Dogs (formerly Blind Children UK) - sells a selection of customised large print books to families and schools.
Tel: 0118 983 8275 www.guidedogs.org.uk/blindchildrenUK
- RNIB National Library Service - has a wide selection of Giant Print (24 point) books for loan.
Tel: 0303 123 9999 RNIB Braille and Giant Print
Braille and reading by touch
- ClearVision - lend tactile books and dual format braille/print for adults and children to share reading. Titles are suitable for toddlers, children learning to read and newly-fluent readers.
Tel: 020 8789 9575 www.clearvisionproject.org
- RNIB National Library Service - lends braille and Moon books (another form of touch reading) for children.
Tel: 0303 123 9999 www.rnib.org.uk/library
- Bag Books - sells tactile story packs for children with severe and multiple disabilities.
Tel: 020 76270444 www.bagbooks.org
- Calibre Audio Library - offers a free lending service with over 1400 children's books.
Tel: 01296 432339 www.calibre.org.uk
- RNIB National Library Service - lends many audio books for children as part of the subscription based Talking Books service.
Tel: 0303 123 9999 www.rnib.org.uk/talkingbooks
- National talking newspapers and magazines (NTNM) - produces audio magazines suitable for older children.
Tel: 01435 866102 www.tnauk.org.uk
Ways of reading leaflet
The Ways of Reading Leaflet is designed to help people find reading materials in accessible formats for children of all ages who are blind or partially sighted. The leaflet is free of charge and is a joint venture by Calibre Audio Library, ClearVision Library, National Blind Children's Society and RNIB.